CENTRAL FLORIDA CHRISTIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
We Love Our Members!We Build Kingdom | Business | Community
Regional Director of Development
Regional Director of Development
As a strategic member of our leadership team, you will be expected to represent World Mission in your region of the United States. You will meet face to face, over the phone/Zoom, and in church auditoriums, sharing the exciting vision of taking the gospel where it has never been. Specifically, you will be a front-line major gift officer to engage new and existing donor activity, which is the lifeline of our work. Your priority will be individuals, companies, and churches that can make significant investments into World Mission.
The Regional Director of Development will work with the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and others as appropriate to grow and broaden his/her development portfolio at World Mission. The focus of the role is to establish, develop and mature relationships with prospective and existing major donors to expand the ministry of World Mission in your region. The Regional Director of Development will report to the CDO and will be an active participant in the fundraising efforts of the organization.
1. Develop and grow the donor base in your region. Share existing World Mission resources to engage new audiences and donor communities.
2. Average of 10-15 Substantive Contacts per month to persons who fall into one of three major or principal donor categories: inactive donors, current donors, or potential new donors. At least 5 each month should be potential new donors. A major donor is someone who gives $5,000 or more per fiscal year to World Mission. A principal donor is one who gives $25,000 or more to World Mission in a fiscal year. A substantive contact is a conversation (in person or via zoom) that results in the furtherance of the gift process: identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
3. Must hit pre-identified ROI targets and goals for each year.
4. Work with World Mission’s CDO and appropriate leadership to track and ensure that principal and major gift prospects/donors in your portfolio are being visited and that a World Mission strategy is in place if appropriate, utilizing leadership at World Mission as appropriate.
5. Participate in goal setting, prepare proposals, and strategy development for solicitation and stewardship as required for major or principal donors in the portfolio.
6. Successfully and consistently deliver funding proposals to prospective and current donors as the relationship dictates.
7. Maintain appropriate electronic documentation on a timely basis, including engagement activities, proposal tracking, contact reports, donor strategies, and forecasting into Bloomerang and other donor software.
8. Record timely reports, letters, proposals, or gift agreements following donor contact.
9. Meet with CDO weekly via zoom or as requested. Attend weekly staff meetings via zoom.
10. Maintain a working knowledge of fundraising best practices; attend seminars and conferences annually for personal growth and development.
11. Perform other duties as required or requested by the CDO.
Pay: 1. Commensurate with experience with opportunities for increase upon performance.
Qualifications You should have:
1. Demonstrated the past ability to create momentum, causing things to happen; must be proactive rather than reactive.
2. A strong interest in non-profit Christian organizations, a history of giving and working for such organizations and a specific knowledge and passion for the work of World Mission.
3. The ability to effectively communicate a case for supporting the ministry of World Mission and be comfortable and confident making the “ask.”
4. A minimum of three (3) years of successful development and/or fundraising experience and a successful track record in closing major gifts.
If you are interested please submit your resume to: Hope@worldmission.cc and Steve@worldmission.cc
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : Development