CENTRAL FLORIDA CHRISTIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
We Love Our Members!We Build Kingdom | Business | Community
Event Coordinator Specialist
Event Coordinator Specialist
Canterbury Conference Center is looking for a Event Coordinator Specialist to join our team!
Ideally situated on Oviedo, FL, Canterbury Conference Center is the perfect location for our guests to create lasting memories in Florida. As a Christian faith-based organization, we offer conference space, as well as a place for group and solo retreats inside a sanctuary from the world. We provide a calm and peaceful setting where they can retreat from the hectic chaos of their daily lives. We help them focus on their own inner growth and health, as well as the growth and health of their organization. We do all of this by offering hospitality inside a sacred space where people can grow in their knowledge and love of God.
Our Event Coordinator Specialist play an important role in a number of vital conference center and hotel functions. At our Event Coordinator Specialists work across departments (e.g., Guest Services, Engineering, Food & Beverage) to support with administrative needs. Whether providing administrative support (e.g., prepare documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database), serving as the point of contact for clients and vendors, or acting as the liaison between the Sales Office and clients throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event), the Event Coordinator Specialist get the job done. They are critical to ensure smooth operations throughout the entire conference center.
Event Coordinator Specialist is responsible for all administration duties to include but not limited to coordinating group room blocks in the PMS system, taking over the group bookings for the sales teams once the group goes definite, sell meeting space, clerical contracting, data entry into PMS and collect all methods of payments.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform a wide variety of administrative assignments which are sometimes confidential in nature.
- Operate a computer to enter data, draft, edit, revise and print letters, reports and other documents.
- Operate a photocopy and other office equipment.
- Greet and direct visitors and answer, screen and route phone calls.
- Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance prospects.
- Create event BEO. Work closely with client to obtain/update all even details and ensure a successful event.
- Obtain (and enter) group blocks into the hotel property management system; enter rooming lists prior to reservation cut-off date, and coordinate with sales department to make sure any special billing arrangements are entered into the PMS system correctly.
- Greet clients prior to their event to make sure that they have everything they need for a successful event.
- Follow-up with client after their event to obtain service feedback. Ask for repeat business or referral business. Send “thank you" email/note following each event
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Prepare BEO’s for food and beverage department and attend weekly BEO meeting for department heads. Work closely/communicate with kitchen & banquet staff to ensure successful events Prepare group turnovers for operational department heads. Effectively communicate group needs with guest service staff and housekeeping staff
High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read, write, and understand English. Able to speak Spanish a plus.
Previous hotel-related experience desired. Experience in Hotel software and their functionalities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Job Type : Part-time, Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Customer Service, Administrative